26 May 2009

HISSSSSSSS

Aside from playing 500 for the first time in decades this weekend, we watched part of the Land of the Lost marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. Yes, we have more perks at the cabin than we do at home, although we had to go over to my PIL to see the show (we don't have a phone or cell reception at our cabin and no TV). Bad news is, we forgot our steaks, walleye and milk in the refrigerator and couldn't put the boat in the water because we didn't have the current tabs/registration. There is more summer coming though.



I can't believe I loved this as a child. The acting is atrocious, the special effects are a misnomer and the stories don't really make sense. Ah, but I was a kid and it was great. It was even better when I sat in front of the TV with a big bowl of Frosted Flakes or Raisin Bran.

I also can't believe that a "Land of the Lost" movie is coming out with Will Ferrell.

What's next, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? I think I'll wait until the Bugaloos are in concert at the Excel Center.


The Bugaloos
The Bugaloos
We're in the air and everywhere
Flyin' high
Flyin' loose
Flyin' free as a summer breeze

The Bugaloos
The Bugaloos
We're climbing high and diving low
Through the sky
Across the land
Straight to you with a helping hand
Ready with a helping hand

(Kazoo solo!!!)

We are friends indeed
Should you need
If you ever need

The Bugaloos
The Bugaloos
We're in the air and everywhere!!!
Flyin' high
Flyin' loose
Flyin' free like we all could be

I.Q.: Don't forget

Courage: To write

Harmony: We love to hear

Joy: From you

The Bugaloos
The Bugaloos
Climbin' high and flying free...

6 comments:

Vincenzo said...

"It was even better when I sat in front of the TV with a big bowl of Frosted Flakes or Raisin Bran."
LOL! I can relate.. I loved all those shows.

X said...

I LOVED THAT SHOW! My brother pretended he was Will and I pretended I was Holly. My poison of choice - Froot Loops!

swissmiss said...

Angela: Froot loops would've been my first choice too, but my mother didn't buy them too often because they were just "sugar." Like Frosted Flakes are much better!

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

I read recently that there is or was an Electrawoman project in the works. Myself, I would like to see Lidsville.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

LOL! Sleestacks ruled! Chaka must die. End of discussion.

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters! I remember when Bay City Rollers had their own shoe. Hey, remember the British flag pants?

swissmiss said...

Father: I guess I'd have to agree with Cathy on Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. HR Puff n' Stuff too. I'm waiting for the next Star Trek TNG movie. Hubby wants to see the current Star Trek, but it seems kind of hokey!

Cathy: OMGoodness!! I LOVED the Bay City Rollers. I also liked the Monkees and Bobby Sherman. No wonder my children are the way they are.