28 August 2009

Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy



Sorry there was no WKJ last week. St. Alex was on sabbatical.

I'm recovering from spending all day at the fair. We didn't get home until almost 9pm. My legs are still numb, and I could use another bag of mini doughnuts.

Category: Missionary Martyrs

This Jesuit, who worked among the Huron Indians, made numerous attempts to convert the Iroquois. On his third missionary trip to America in 1645, he was captured and slain.

St. Alex says, please place your answer in the form of a question in the combox, and say a few Hail Marys while you wait for the answer to be revealed.

Demerits for using Google and other sneaky searches. Educated guesses are welcome and encouraged. Good luck!!


THE SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER!!! NOT MANY MORE CHANCES TO WIN THE COVETED WKJ AWARD!!

6 comments:

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Who is Isaac Jogues? (I was eddicated by Jebbies)

swissmiss said...

AA:
I'll give it to you, even though you didn't say St. Isaac Jogues. Your Jebbies would take you to task on that :) You have won the much beloved, very coveted WKJ award. Hooray!!! Feel free to display it proudly!

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

He's "family" so I can get away with dispensing with honorifics, as I suspect we will in heaven.(Imagine running around Heaven, "Hi St. Swissy" "Hi St. AA", only in my case it would be "Hi St. Michael" and 30,000 of us would answer...)

gemoftheocean said...

Ah heckers, I always kick myself in the butt for not looking at your Friday blogs first thing.

As I recall, they cut his tongue out, no?

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Good to see WKJ back! :-)

Unknown said...

I knew that! I had 12 years of religious education (grade and high school)

Does that count even if I'm late in answering. I don't see anything about time limits.