27 August 2010

Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy

Happy Feast Day of St. Monica!

Here's a question in four parts. I think Chris and AA could get several, but can they get all of them?

Category: In the cards

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Who do the spades, clubs, hearts and diamonds represent.

St. Alex says, please place your answer in the form of a question in the combox, and say a few Hail Marys while you wait for the answer to be revealed.

Demerits for using Google and other sneaky searches. Educated guesses are welcome and encouraged. Good luck!!


Anonymous said...

Happy Feast of St. M.

Suggestion - check out the cool podcast of Sr. Monica, a Franciscan novice, painting an icon of her favorite saint (guess who)


Anonymous said...

hearts - Louis IX of France
diamonds - Ferdinand of Portugal
spade - Henry VIII of England
club - Charlemagne

brooke said...

I agree with Anonymous


mum6kids said...

Belated happy Feast Day. Hope you had a good'un.

Artsdeco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

swissmiss said...

Anon: Will have to check out the video. Have been busy this week, so after the weekend!

Anon: I think you get the WKJ since, although those weren't the answers I was thinking of, I looked on the internet and there were oodles of differences. So, am declaring you the winner!! Congrats!! Enjoy the highly coveted WKJ award!!
LLoyd: Thanks for visiting my blog. I checked into your blog, but as a Catholic, I enjoy the fullness of the Faith and welcome you to come this way!