25 October 2008

Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy


Last weekend of going up to the cabin. Actually, we already closed up the cabin since it didn't make any sense to heat the place all winter, so we are staying with my PIL. The beach club on the lake where my PIL live is having it's Halloween party and my MIL wanted us to attend.

Here's something I recently learned since I know little of British History. It's probably obvious to most Brits, but I never learned this stuff this stuff in school...I barely learned about the Pilgrims, the Revolution, Churchill and Thatcher!

CATEGORY: British History

What convert to Catholicism was known for being eloquent, elusive, educated, courageous, bold and daring, and is known for his Brag. He was a Jesuit priest and martyr, now a blessed, a biography of his life was written by Evelyn Waugh and his example strengthened the resolve of the persecuted Catholics of the day?

St. Alex says to put your answer in the form of a question in the combox, say a chaplet for the election while you wait for the answer to be revealed. Demerits for using a search engine, but educated guesses are welcome and encouraged.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(not sure how to answer these things but here's an attempt)
Could red campion be a martyrs flower?

swissmiss said...

I think you have it correct...who is Edward Campion is the answer!!

No fair being British :)

Can you tell I'm reading Joseph Pearce?