My cousin has been sending this around. It's an IQ test that the Japanese use during interviews. Glad I'm not looking for a job. This is a tough one. Even when I had figured it out (with a hint or two) and went to do it again, I kept stumbling.
Here's a link that I found since the version I got was in Excel. All you need to know is this:
You should be able to complete this task within 15 minutes. Not hours, not days, but minutes! Push the round blue button on the bottom right on the link to start.
0. Everybody has to cross the river.
1. Only 2 people on the raft at a time.
2. The father cannot stay with any of the daughters without their mother’s presence (or he will beat them...charming idea isn't it?).
3. The mother cannot stay with any of the sons without their father’s presence (or she will beat them).
4. The thief (striped shirt) cannot stay with any family member if the Policeman is not there.
5. Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft.
6. To move the people click on them. To move the raft click on the red handles.
The answer is in the combox...but don't peek!
Don't beat the children or I'll turn you in.
Ready, set, GO!
The Kids Are All Right
3 hours ago