09 January 2008

What's it all about, Alfie?

This latest meme has been making the rounds. It's been on Our Lady's Tears, Angela Messenger's new blog, Loved Sinner and Gem of the Ocean, just to mention a few. Since I need a break from digging through some genealogy things, I thought I'd do this meme too.

1. Do you wear a name tag at work? Uh, no. I think my kids know my name. And, back in the day when I was required to wear a badge under penalty of disciplinary action, I still didn't. I had it on my person just to get on the premises and in the building, but it most often was in my lab coat pocket or on my desk or if I wore it it would be clipped to my sleeve since it really got in the way of using most types of equipment and I would never be caught dead wearing one in those badge holders with the strap the goes around your neck. Never. I did work in a super secured building that had super secret stuff that I had to know the secret hand shake to get in, and I only wore a badge then because I feared people like those from the X-Files would haul me away if they saw me without it. Otherwise, with folks in my usual R&D lab, no badge. I understand why some people need to wear badges, but I detest them and think they are very 1984ish.

2. What kind of car do you drive? Black Honda Civic with two car seats crammed in.

3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? Hubby hates Taco Bell. After living on the West Coast with some really good Mexican food, Taco Bell is just miserable. But, I order the Chicken Supreme Chalupas. If we could only get some of the "better" Mexican food chains here, like Dell Taco, Taco Time, etc!!

4. Have you ever had a garage sale? Yes, once. Am contemplating doing it again since I have a great deal of baby items, but am considering giving these things to Total Life Care Centers. I love garage sales and would like to have another one, but the idea of having one and the actual doing of it are worlds apart.

5. What color is your iPod?
Don't own one. I have hearing loss and tinnitus, so NOTHING gets put in my ears.

6. What kind of dog do you have? Never had a dog. Only cats. First cat was a long-haired black Persian named Shalom and every other cat since has been a Seal Point Siamese.

7. What's for dinner tonight?
Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli and cheese.

8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
When we were in Ireland five years ago, I drank beer since it was cheaper than pop. Got pregnant. Haven't had a drink since. Ha ha. Actually, I haven't really had a drink since because I've either been pregnant or nursing. I did have a strawberry margarita last summer, but that's it. I don't really drink much cuz I just don't like the taste.

9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone? Thought the battery was dead when it really the phone had just turned itself off from inactivity. I've only had it a month!

10. Last time you were sick?
Sniffles throughout December

11. How long is your hair?
Way longer than it should be. When I was little, I always had to have it very short. So, now that I'm older, I let it grow until I can't stand it any more then cut it to shoulder length.

12. Are you happy right now? Yes

13. What did you say last? "Sleep tight." It was nap time for my kids.

14. Who came over last? My parents-in-law showed up late last Friday night UNANNOUNCED. They had driven all the way in from WI to see the Pompeii exhibit at the Science Museum and stopped by to see if we wanted to go out for dinner. My husband was at his grad class and my kids and house were a mess. My son was on his bed for something he had done and my daughter had just pulled her pants off and was running around in a diaper. In walk my PIL. Couldn't you just hug 'em?

15. Do you drink beer? See #8. Only if cheaper than pop :)

16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? No, but my brother insisted he was since he had blue eyes and my parents both had brown and was traumatized by the thought for a long while. I have green eyes, so what does that say about me?

17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys? I have a metal ring and keys. Period. No schmaltz.

18. What did you get for graduation? An antique hope chest that is now in my daughter's room.

19. Whats in your pockets?
Nothing.

20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook? Eh?

21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? The Christmas before last, my brother and his family visited from Switzerland and they HAD to go to the Mall of America and make several. That's the ONLY time.

22. What DVD is in your DVD player?
Just finished Bleak House.

23. What's something fun you did today?
Had lunch with hubby and the kids.

24. Who is/was the principal of your high school? Some lady who looked like George's mother from Seinfeld. However, the assistant principle went to jail (Stillwater State Pen) for some sexual abuse. Always thought he was a bit on the creepy side.

25. Has your house ever been TP'd? Yes, and I was a culprit once or twice myself.

26.What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"? Cat fight.

27. What are you listening to right now?
My son just woke up from his nap and he's rambling on about something.

28. What are you drinking?
Coke, the hard stuff, not diet.

29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart?
I don't do Walmart.

30. When is your mom's birthday? Feb 20

31. When is your birthday? Dec 24

32. What's the area code for your cell phone? 651

33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now? U of Washington bookstore...it's pretty darn old.

34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? No, but hubby's car has one of my scrunchies on it.

35. How many states in the US have you been to? I haven't been to many of the Eastern states. I still need to visit that third of the US. I've been to 26, and three Canadian provinces like Sanctus Belle mentioned. I think I've seen more of other countries than my own. Am sure that would disappoint my grandfather who always said his grandkids should see the US since it had a lot to offer.

36. What kind of milk do you drink? 2%

37. What are you going to do after this?
Get my daughter out of her crib and start dinner.

38. Who was the last person you went shopping with? Aside from immediate family, my aunt and brother.

39. What is your favorite fruit?
Strawberries

40. What about your favorite dessert? Way back when, Mr. Steak used to have a Hot Fudge Sundae Cake that I loved. It's one of those things I hope is in heaven. And brownies.

41. What is something you need to go shopping for?
Diapers, paper napkins.

42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives? Yes, a great-aunt, but I'm not named after her.

43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive?
VW Passat Wagon (he lives in Switzerland so that's an SUV over there!)

44. Do you like pickles? Not really, I do like Bread and Butter pickles though.

45. How about olives?
Not a big fan. Will eat them on pizza or in taco salad, but I don't buy them myself.

46. What is your favorite kind of gum? Don't chew gum, but I used to like Big Red.

47. What is your favorite kind of juice? Fruit punch or orange

48. Do you have any tan lines? Hardy ever. I stay out of the sun since I just burn.

49. What hospital were you born in?
St. Joseph's, St. Paul, MN

4 comments:

Sanctus Belle said...

Swiss Miss I enjoyed reading that!

Michele said...

well, that is too long of a meme for me:)

Mairin :o) said...

I like learning things about you.

Anonymous said...

That was one expensive beer!