Ray at Stella Borealis - Northland Catholic posted a Meme a few days ago. He didn't really tag anyone, but since I am dead tired and don't have much time, I thought I would do this Meme since I, at least, kinda, sorta, know the answers to this.
Here are the rules: Share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. Then share four things you want to try new in the next four years.
Things that are new in the last four years
1. Kids and all that comes with them. Joy, tears, no sleep, diapers, my life is no longer my own!, smiles, goofy things, unexpected things, more joy.
2. Not working. Here's where I admit that I'm now a 40-something. I worked all my life, put myself through college, worked and worked, and now I'm not working...at least not working for pay. I work a LOT, just not in the same way. Stay-at-home moms supposedly are worth a zillion dollars. Actually, it's something like $138K.
3. Blogging, duh.
4. Being more active in my faith and spiritual life. I joined a bible study and have made conscious efforts to move forward with devotions, more frequent confession, adoration, etc.
5. Sorry, had to add this one. I started reading. No, I wasn't illiterate, maybe a bit ignorant in some respects! I just never enjoyed reading. I always had to be "doing" something, not sitting still. Maybe that's why I liked engineering and math...you're always solving problems instead of exclusively reading. I don't like movies because I can't sit still that long. My sweet husband and I are complete opposites in this regard. He is a poster child for Slugs on a Couch, if he's allowed!! No, I'm not saying he's lazy. Nothing of the sort, just that our leisure time pursuits are very different!
Things I would like to try in the next four years
1. I would like to finish my Masters in Engineering, but since I'm not working and don't have my employer to sponge off, I'm stuck. We can't afford the tuition. We can't even afford the books. Plus, I just don't know how I'd manage to do it with the kids. How do people manage to do grad school with kids? Amazing. I took a few classes with a lady who just had a baby and was taking a heavier courseload than I was!
2. Joining a chant group or the like. I can't really sing, but I'd still like to find out more about it. I am pretty musically inclined, just don't have a great voice, not even in the shower.
3. Adopting. Still mulling it over. Maybe a subject of a future post.
4. I would like to try something I don't even foresee. Things change so quickly that I am sure something will come along. I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none since I try many things but don't stick with much for a long period of time, other than genealogy. Genealogy is definitely something I have done for many years now. Once I get proficient at something I tend to tire of it. Must be that I watched too much TV as a child or something. Too much sun, too much candy?
Seeing as most of the people who read this blog don't leave comments (do ya think I bite?), I wonder if they would come out of the shadows and leave their own meme in the comments section! Novel idea! You can do it anonymously. I won't hunt you down or report you to the authorities. Otherwise, anyone who really wants to be tagged is officially tagged.
Have a good weekend, everyone!