Adrienne at Adrienne's Catholic Corner tagged me for this Meme. I certainly don't have the interesting tidbits that she does.
Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
1. I *used to be able to* take shorthand at 120 wpm. Still use it some in note-taking and for making Christmas lists my husband can't understand.
2. I can and have trouble-shot just about anything...a scanning electron microscope (SEM), titrators, various lab equipment, arc-spark emission spectrometers, toasters, vacuums, etc. I would've made a great field service technician.
3. I coulda been a contender...in an orchestra as a flutist/flautist.
4. I drive a stick-shift by choice.
5. 160 years after my Irish ancestors left Newport, County Mayo, Ireland, my son was conceived there (actually, in Westport, the next town over). Luck o' the Irish.
6. I was a Larkin dancer...waaaayyyyyy back when their studio was still in their home.
7. I mentioned in the first Meme that I did that I have been in one of the pyramids, but the building I have been in that is my favorite is the Hagia Sofia. Way cool.
8. I have looked down the business end of a few dozen automatic weapons of our friendly US Coast Guard while I was in San Diego. Long story, but I've never been arrested :)
I tag those people who went to a state or county fair this year. If you don't have a blog, you're welcome to do the meme and put your answers in the combox.
I need some serious mid-week input from you...
4 hours ago