01 May 2008

Whirling


Sorry I've been scarce lately. I've just been so busy that I can't get it all done...or even think of blogging. We were going to go to the cabin this weekend, but decided not to. Just too much going on. Next weekend should be better.

April has just been so busy, with the last three weeks with at least two appointments/events/activities every day. This week, I thought it would be a little less hectic until a kindly homeschool mom shared that there was going to be a huge garage sale for kids stuff this weekend where you could consign clothes. I got the e-mail late Monday and I was off like a Tasmanian devil trying to gather all the junk in my basement, sort all the stuff, enter all my items into their online inventory system, make labels as per strict sale instructions (white card stock ONLY!!), pin said labels on every item, sort every item by size, and make super darn sure there were no stains, rips, tears or missing pieces. I'm consigning nearly 200 items, so it is a LOT of work.

This is kid stuff we are talking about, the only time it is in perfect condition is before you bring it home. Sooooo, a lot of the stuff got sorted back into a bin to donate to my favorite place that doesn't care if I have a microscopic spot on a pair of pants or if they aren't a brand name.

Now my house is a complete disaster with all this stuff laying out in neat piles with the tags expertly attached. I have to haul the stuff to the Washington County Fair Grounds tomorrow and drop it off. This is the first time I've done this, so we'll see how it goes. I think some of my stuff will be rejected because it's not strictly spring/summer. Oh well, I'll save it for the next sale...if this one doesn't kill me first.

At least it was the last day of bible study for the season. I don't know if I could've handled another week. 28 weeks is just too long...it's practically two semesters worth of class.

If I just make it through tomorrow things should be better...until next Friday when there is the Friend's Plant Sale AND the May Crowning at the Little Sisters of the Poor. Not to mention that my aunt's neighbor is having her annual garage sale which I always attend and I even sell some of my items at. How did I ever get so busy?

No comments: