06 July 2009

Mouse attack


Recently our homeschool group was saying a novena to Our Lady of Good Remedy for a member of the group who is having a hard time ridding her house of mice. At night when my husband and I asked for heavenly intervention for her situation, I said, "And for A, please God send her a spiritual cat to rid her house of mice."

Looks like I need to visit the local shelter and pick up a few cats of the temporal kind myself.

This weekend we were at the cabin. My PIL came over with their compressor so we could blow up a "Jump-o-lene" that they had bought the kids for a Christmas gift. Hubby tried to blow it up last weekend, but didn't get too far with just lung power. It was left in the garage until we could find a fitting to attach it to a pump.

But then my PIL came to the rescue this weekend...only to find that a mouse had eaten a huge hole in it and made a nest.

A check of the shed only made things worse.

If you remember last year, a bear had attacked our shed. Twice. He had ripped the pad-locked doors open to get to the cocoa bean mulch I had inside.

This summer it's mice. They ate a very large hole in the very large inflatable pool! It's toast, not repairable.

The next thing I know, the back of my PIL's truck was full of a mound of mice-chewed plastic rubble.

Fortunately, they didn't get to the canvas inflatable raft. We got that blown up and towed the kids around the lake behind the boat. Had a great time. We hung it fron the rafters in the garage. I hope that's sufficient to keep it intact.

But, that wasn't the end of our ordeal.

On the way home last night we stopped for gas. Everyone got out to stretch and use the facilities. As my son went to get back in the car, he opened the door and hit himself in the mouth (he was quite groggy). The blood started to flow, so I opened the glove box in the car to pull out my stash of napkins. To add insult to injury, the mouse had found its way into the glove box and chewed up all the napkins and made a nest there. INSIDE my car!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After grabbing some of the wipes hanging by the pump that you typically use to wipe your oil stick when you check your oil and tending to my son with it, time was spent AGAIN cleaning up after the latest mouse attack.

Our Lady of Good Remedy, there is work to do!!!!

1 comment:

Vincenzo said...

"To add insult to injury, the mouse had found its way into the glove box and chewed up all the napkins and made a nest there. INSIDE my car!!"

That's insane!