28 May 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy


Wishing you all a happy and blessed Memorial Day weekend. Please remember past and present military in your prayers.

Category: Great places, great faces, not in South Dakota

Throughout its long history, this site has been home to several saints, and was visited by nobles, rulers and popes. It was destroyed by the Lombards around 585, by the Saracens in 884, by the Normans in 1046, by an earthquake in 1349, by Napoleon in 1799, and destroyed by American bombs in February of 1944.

St. Alex says, please place your answer in the form of a question in the combox, and say a few Hail Marys while you wait for the answer to be revealed.

Demerits for using Google and other sneaky searches. Educated guesses are welcome and encouraged. Good luck!!

The first correct answer in the form of a question wins the highly coveted WKJ ribbon to display on your blog, cubicle or refrigerator door.

Thanks, Vincenzo, for the updated design:

5 comments:

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

I know, I know, I know, but I won't tell. I'm a good boy I am!

swissmiss said...

You also value your life.

Donna - What's Past is Prologue said...

Monte Cassino?

swissmiss said...

Yay!! Donna got it!! Congratulations!! She wins the highly coveted, recently updated, delightfully digital, Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy award!! Right click on the award to be able to save it where ever you would like. It's as impressive as an Emmy, and way better than a Nobel.

Donna - I'll have to come by your site. I'm big into genealogy and have several lines that track through PA (Logan, Laird, Delosier)

I will try to get another WKJ question up that will last the weekend, but first, as I did last week, I'm going to some garage sales. Might take the kids to Subway to try their new breakfast sandwich.

Unknown said...

Does it count if I'm over two days late? Maybe a convalescent prize?