16 September 2007

When your alma doesn't matter

It was a bad day for football. At least in my world. Not that I'm a big fan...I'm not even a fair weather fan.

Hockey has always been my favorite. And, I like basketball. Football is way back in the dust on my radar.

Here are the scores of the games I did keep tabs on over the weekend.

Alma mater Numero Uno:
University of St. Thomas (Tommies) vs. Gustavus Adolphus (Gusties) Lost 30-14
They are now 0-3 for the season

Alma mater Numero Dos:
University of Washington (Huskies) vs. #10 Ohio State (Buckeyes) Lost 33-14
They are now 2-1 for the season

Alma mater of hubby, brother and father:
University of Minnesota (Gophers) vs. Florida Atlantic Lost 42-39


We were at the UST game on Saturday and the weather was great. Kids only lasted to the half, so we took them home for naps. Had coupons to get in free, and free pop and popcorn, but still spent almost $15 just on some food (kids were starving). Too bad UST couldn't manage to complete a play. I don't know much about football, but even I could tell they stunk.

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

So far, so good: Penn St. 3-0
They even snockered my 2nd favorite team last week (Notre Dame now off to a lousy 0-3)

Now to tune into those NFL games...where's that

Hated Team vs. Hated Team game -- the one that you always hope has a 0-0 tie at the end with a lot of major career ending injuries? (Oakland is ALWAYS involved in this one...)