18 October 2007

Another pesky quiz

It's frivolity Friday! Another quiz! I am weak!


What Kind of Cross are You?




You are the Celtic Cross: This cross was first made out of stone and is often found atop hills, in front of castles and in graveyards throughout Ireland and Scotland. The stone was carved with various symbols including a circle or halo (representing eternal life) and variations of the celtic knot.
Take this quiz!


This first cross had me thinking that I subconsciously picked the answers that produced this result, since I'm overwhelmingly of Irish descent (No, not Swiss, sorry). I was hoping for a unique cross, so I tried again.



What Kind of Cross are You?





You are St Brigid's Cross: St. Brigid is an Irish saint who hand-wove a cross out of rushes she found by the river. She made the cross while explaining the passion of our Lord to a pagan man.
Take this quiz!

Ergh, I must just be Irish through and through. Can't seem to get away from it.

8 comments:

Vincenzo said...

"You are the Corpus Christi Crucifix: The cross that bears the body of Christ is the most venerated of all the crosses. It hangs in the most sacred places in the world and inspires the faithful to contemplate the suffering of Christ."

swissmiss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swissmiss said...

Sure, rub it in! You got a great cross!

(Had to delete the prior comment I made. Just too many typos).

Vincenzo said...

Hehe. I love that one too. The last time I took a similar quiz, I got the cross of St. Benedict.

Terry Nelson said...

I am the San Damiano cross. I like that.

swissmiss said...

Alright. Enough bragging. The Celtic cross isn't so bad!

uncle jim said...

I'll tip a Smythwicks for ya!

swissmiss said...

Aside from doing the whole drinking thing while in college, I don't drink much otherwise. When my husband and I were in Ireland with my brother, we visited an Irish pub and the guys thought they would "learn" me something about whisky. They bought be a shot of some top-of-the-line stuff, but when I took a sip, my throat seized up!! It was seriously odd. I couldn't swallow the stuff! I think it was an involuntary reflex to some Jack Daniels memories.