05 October 2007

The Book of Irreverent Revelation

The Letter to the Obvious

Britney Spears lost custody of her kids, may check into a posh celebrity rehab and missed her day in court because she was too busy getting a Frappuccino at Starbucks.

Senator Larry Craig isn't going to resign.

Marion Jones took steriods.

The City of St. Paul is planning to tear down the luxury river front condos, also known as the jail.

The Vikings lost...to the Packers.

If your kid ever pushes someone, it will be the daughter of your bible study group leader.

If your 82 year-old aunt ever gets locked out of the house, it will be as soon as the kids finally are taking a nap.

Don't listen to your husband when he tells you that you don't need to prime paneling before you paint it.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, like picking up toys and thinking that they will stay in the bins this time.

Sometimes, what you assume is water, really isn't.

Have a good weekend everyone. We're on our way to close up the cabin.

6 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

So much in the this list made me laugh, especially this one:
"Sometimes, what you assume is water, really isn't.

One hot summer, I went for the fridge for an icey cold glass of water. I took a mouthful and thought "oh, God, this isn't RIGHT -- what IS this that is going to kill me, how can water go bad?" And the instant I spat it out in the sink I realized: Dad had put lemons in the water to make lemonade. Boy did I laugh.

Entropy said...

So funny!!

We watched a show the other night where a lifeguard went to get a drink out of the lifeguard fridge, grabbed an open bottle and started chugging.

A scientist had left the bottle with jellyfish tentacles in it because he was researching.

Oh,it awful but the kid lived. *shiver*

Have fun closing up the cabin!!

Terry Nelson said...

LOL! This is a good way to do a post - I'll have to try it.

Unknown said...

I remember once I was on a windjammer cruise off the coast of Maine. I grabbed for my beer nearby and took a hefty swig.

Yuck.

Now I know what ocean water tastes like.

swissmiss said...

Alright, everyone picked up on the water line, but no one mentioned the kid incident. That was last Thursday and I'm still traumatized by it. My son woke up the night before around 4am with a bad dream and didn't go back to sleep. I knew bible study would be a challenge, but the pushing incident was a new one. My son told me he pushed his friend, a little girl, because she was standing next to him. I told him to get used to it because girls would be after him in the not too distant future. Of course, he's been on black out and reduced privledges all weekend. Has to go apologize to the teacher and the friend. He'll recover but I don't know if I will!

Terry Nelson said...

Yeah. I didn't pick up on that. LOL!