Thought I would do a little quiz. I'm not ambitious enough to think up questions of my own, so will use some questions from a game I have called, Catechic, The Catholic Trivia Game. This quiz isn't going to tell you if you are a trad or not, if you need remedial work or not, it's just is a smattering of questions. I couldn't pass this quiz myself. Answers in the combox. (FYI - Not that it matters, but the game doesn't have question categories, I just grouped some questions together.)
Grades are dished out as:
90% or better = A
80% - 89% = B
70% - 79% = C
worse than that and you can join me in revisiting our Catholic faith :)
Category: Music (for Ma Beck)
1. For what institution did Johann Sebastian Bach write his magnificent cantatas?
2. Who wrote the "Missa Solemnes?"
Category: Politics and world events (for Karen)
3. Which Catholic priest served on the House subcommittee investigating the Watergate affair?
4. Improvements in the plight of Catholics in Eastern Europe is a result of what policy initiated by Pope Paul VI?
Category: Philosophy (I got these two right!)
5. Which famous Austrian psychologist wrote Moses and Monotheism?
6. Who said: "God is dead?"
7. Who directed the celebrated film, Seventh Seal?
8. In 1976, which Italian film maker produced Jesus of Nazareth?
Category: Scripture studies
9. What language was the first bible printed in the New World printed in?
10. What was the name of the sea upon which Christ walked?
11. Father Louis, a Trappist monk who instructed the world with his writing from Gethsemani, was also known by what name?
12. Which Greek word describes the ongoing spiritual formation of newly baptized Christians?
13. What is the name for the official visit each diocesan bishop makes to the pope every five years?
14. What Iowa city has a name which means "of the monks" in French?
15. What city is called the "Rome of Protestantism?"
BONUS: Name four famous Catholic artists whose names have become associated with turtles.
If you got more than four right, you know WAY more than I do :) Give yourself a cookie.
I need some serious mid-week input from you...
4 hours ago