02 October 2007

It's been awhile

Karen at Gem of the Ocean has been giving me lots of homework lately, including this meme.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?

Novus Ordo. St. Agnes says a great NO. They also have a beautiful Latin NO, but I don't show up there too often because of the kids. Yes, plenty of families attend, but not all kids are Latin Mass material. Some aren't even able to go unnoticed at McDonald's.

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
The nearest Latin Mass is at St. Augustine's in South St. Paul. It is about 20 minutes away.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?

Catholic-in-training, still trying to learn. I'm certainly not a rad trad or a Cafeteria Catholic. I have trad leanings, but am learning that the Church is universal and has room for a lot of leeway as far as preferences go. Don't mess with the liturgy or dogmas, but if you like the NO more than the TLM, knock yourself out. As an aside, I still do think that you should dress nicely for Mass. No beach wear. Now back to the meme.

4. Are you a comment junkie?

My parents always said my mouth moved as fast as a whippoorwill's rear end, but I don't think I'm a comment junkie. Maybe the first thing I might need to do is admit I have a problem.

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?

Pretty much. I've left comments on blogs and forgotten what blog I was at. It's an age thing. No, maybe it's a kids-crying-in-the-background-and-can't-concentrate thing.

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?

No.

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?

This definitely speaks to one of my axioms: Careful what you wish for. I'm happy right where I am because things are at an almost manageable level. I couldn't handle a blog with lots of action for a variety of reasons. However, if Terry would just add me to his AR blog, that would allow me to sleep better at night. I'm on his AR2 blog, but haven't gotten a promotion to AR.

8. Which blog is the first one you check?

It totally depends on my mood. I have tried to limit the number of blogs I read because it is just too much darn work to be reading blogs all day. Plus, I have kids to feed. Didn't some parents just get in trouble for being on the computer all day and not feeding their kids. Case. Point.

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?

No. Ray from Stella Borealis has made attempts, but we have never hooked up. This is primarily because all the events were on the weekends and I'm at the cabin on weekends during the summer.

10. What are you reading?
St. Thomas, by G.K. Chesterton
Gospel of Matthew bible study
Imitation of Christ
Just got at a garage sale, When Character was King, A Story of Ronald Reagan, by Peggy Noonan

Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?

Yes, but I haven't been to their site in awhile (see #8 above). I was also banned from St. Leo's.

If you have read all the questions and answers above, you are tagged for this meme.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love reading anything about Ronnie. I especially love reading excerpts of his speeches. I don't comment to you much, I've been busy with working a bit and of course, the kids. I see you at Catholic Trenches--nice of you to stop by!

Have a great Wednesday!

swissmiss said...

Fertlmertl:
I'm not a big political person, but I am one of those that grew up with Reagan. I wish we had a president that was strong and charismatic and able to unite the country instead of divide it. The next election doesn't hold too much promise!

I guess you're not up in the middle of the night with a baby any more to comment! Sleep is a good thing.