03 April 2008

Seven deadly tidbits meme

Mairin at Child of Mary tagged me for this meme. I am having trouble coming up with seven things.

Here goes nothin'

****************************
These are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habit/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
****************************

1. I frequently mix metaphors. It's my weird sense of humor and I would include some of them in my blog posts, but know how well they go over in the real world, so I delete 98.9% before they ever get posted.

2. My favorite late night talk show host is: Craig Ferguson. I hated him on the Drew Carey show as the evil boss, Mr. Wick, but love him at night...except he can be offensive. I rarely get to see his show, so maybe that helps ;}

3. And, speaking of Scotsmen, when my husband and I rented a car in Glasgow, the sweet Scottish laddie at the counter rambled off stuff in that foreign language known as Scottish and I couldn't understand a single word of what he said. I was so floored that we supposedly were speaking the same language that I lost all sense of my manners and instead of saying, "Excuse me?", I blurted out, "SAY WHAT?!!!!!!!!" He had to talk to my husband because it was completely incoherent to me.

4. And, the same holds true of the Irish...and I've taken some Gaelic lessons so it makes it even worse. When we were in Ireland, I called some very distant relations to get directions to their home. I could NOT understand a word of what was said. NOTHING. Nada. It was completely embarrassing. Again, hubby had to translate like a Babelfish from Irish to English. Do not visit distant relations in Ireland or Great Britain if you cannot understand their version of English. You will not make friends or further international relations this way.

5. I cannot shop at Walmart because the layout of the store drives me nuts. On what planet is it logical to place a display of Twinkies in the garden section? Or DVDs in the women's underwear aisle? It is a nightmare of random consumerism. I like order and discipline, do not surprise me with impulse buys in the shoe department!

6. I think I have some obsessive-compulsive tendencies (OCD). The clothes in my closet are hung by color according to the Roy G. Biv scale (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet). I have my husband's shirts hung by short-sleeves and long, but not color. My son's clothes are ordered short sleeves, collared short sleeves, collared long sleeves, long sleeves, turtlenecks and then dress shirts, also not by color. My daughter's clothes are hung by season and then by color on the Roy G. Biv scale. It eliminates the need for Garanimals. And here you thought I was kinda almost normal.

7. I love to Sudoku.

Ahhhhh, done.

Oh, and item 7b. would be that I don't follow rules very well, so I tag those who ate a chocolate bunny for Easter.

3 comments:

Mairin :o) said...

You make me laugh! I sort my clothes the same way. I hate suduko. I think it was invented by the devil.

Terry Nelson said...

#5 and #6 - indicate you should work in retail or store planning and/or merchandising. You know all about product placement, adjacencies, colorization, seasonal concepts, and so on. It is not OCD at all - rather, a skill.

swissmiss said...

Mairin:
Ah, I can hear the angels sing when I sit down with a Sudoku when the kids are napping. Earthly nirvana.

Terry:
If the economy gets bad enough, I might just need these skills to find a job :) I could work wonders in Walmart, but it might just be the death of me.